Friday, August 18, 2006

Lotsa Good Stuff!

MMMMMM! I made this peach cobbler last night, and it was SO good! This recipe is from Cook's Illustrated, of all places. I made it in June for my birthday, and I've been waiting for a chance to make it again. So delicious!

Now, onto tonight's dinner. I cooked up some yummy organic corn from the farmer's market. Yummers (the cat), was thrilled. We always give him some.

I also cooked up some zucchini! As you can see, we've got plenty! This week we are taking care of our neighbors' pets and garden. Another neighbor was on duty last week... and I guess she doesn't like zucchini, because she let a few of them get REALLY big! So now we've got two of these big beasts, and a few normal sized ones as well.
I cut that big zuke in half and made the "Zucchini with tomatoes and basil" from the same issue of cook's illustrated. A nice, rich side dish. We've got a bit left over, so maybe I can think of something yummy to do with it tomorrow.
And of course, I couldn't resist... the powerful lure was too great. I succumbed and made another yummy pizza. Check out the size of those tomato slices!! That's crazy cool!

:)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    It all looks so good! I love that peach cobbler. And that pizza looks awesome. I can never get my crusts to come out that perfectly round. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that peach cobbler looks amazing... you gotta love Cooks Illustrated.. they put so much into their recipes. You should make a ton of that zuke, tomato and basil dish and freeze it for later use in lasagnas or just as a side dish through the winter.

    Your pizza looks great too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris!
    Well... my secret for this perfectly round crust is that I bought it! ha ha. It's another one of those delicious "Viccolo" cormeal pizza crusts. Do you have those out in your part of the world? Otherwise, on the occasion that I make my own pizza crust, I use a pizza pan, and push the crust around toward the corners... I love pizza.

    Hi Melody!
    What a good idea to make a ton of that stuff and freeze it. Perchance I will do that! I think we'll have some stuffed zucchini one of these nights too. Hmmm what else? Not sure yet!

    Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!