Thursday, September 07, 2006

Vegan Survival on the way to Croatia


First off, British Airways did a pretty good job. My dinner didn't get photographed... but breakfast was a banana, some OJ, and a tropical fruit cup. That's not a ton of substance, but I suplimented with one of my yummy giant crackers. They also included some non-vegan margarine and non-vegan creamer. Fortunately, these weren't products that I was missing!


At the Heathrow airport in London, I got a great meal! A hummus wrap with ginger, spinach, carrots, and red bell pepper... with "suitable for vegan diets" on the label! Rock on! Also got a great fruit smoothie (blueberry, banana, orange, and apple)... and some vegetable chips (parsnip, carrot, and beet). All in all, a very tasty meal and a very vegan-friendly experience!

2 comments:

  1. Love these photos- I have a strange fondness for airline food and trying different foods in foreign places. And I'm not even talking about great exotic foods, but the mundane things you find in airports and supermarkets. My travel companions always laugh at me, but whenever I travel, whether it's a few hundred miles or to a whole different country, one of the first things I like to do is check out the nearest supermarket. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bazu!
    Thanks for the comment! I totally agree with you about checking out foreign supermarkets... they are totally fascinating! I have already scoped out many a supermarket here. By the way, "supermarket" is a great word in the Croatian language: "samoposluga" ha ha, i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!