Friday, August 14, 2015

MoFo is Coming! And it's New & Improved!

Hi Everyone!!
VeganMofo 2015 is coming up in September (just a couple of weeks away!)
I gotta get to work with a little advanced planning -- especially for those nights of the week when I don't get home until super late, and also because I'll be out of town for part of the month. 

There are a few big changes to MoFo this year - First off, we're opening MoFo to all platforms - blogs, twitter, instagram, facebook, YouTube, and anything else you can think of! I think I might do some of my posts on the blog and some on Instagram.

Also, this year the MoFo team came up with prompts for what to post about for every day of the month. We'll be sending out day-by-day reminders, but here's the whole list:

Sept 1 Rise and Shine! It’s MoFo time! Tell us about your breakfast. 
Sept 2 Recreate a meal from your childhood. 
Sept 3 Quick, easy and delicious. 
Sept 4 Tell us about a weird food combo that you love. 
Sept 5 Best sandwich ever. 
Sept 6 Re-create a restaurant meal. 
Sept 7 Make / eat some thing inspired by a book or film. 
Sept 8 Reach out! Make a new vegan friend & tell us about it. 
Sept 9 Most retro recipe. 
Sept 10 Something blue. 
Sept 11 Focus on a nutrient 
Sept 12 Tell us about your favourite cookbook! 
Sept 13 It’s kitchen tour time! 
Sept 14 Share something vegan (and delicious, duh!) with a non-vegan. 
Sept 15 OMG, Barack Obama is coming over because he knows you make awesome vegan food! What are you going to make? 
Sept 16 What’s your favorite late summer food? 
Sept 17 Make (or eat!) a traditional local dish. 
Sept 18 Honor a human or non human animal who inspires your veganism. 
Sept 19 Lunch on the go. 
Sept 20 Veganize an old family recipe. 
Sept 21 What three endless food supplies would you take if you were going to be stranded on an island? (Imagine your nutritional needs have been met, these are a bonus!) 
Sept 22 Make a dish using all seasonal produce. 
Sept 23 Fusion Challenge! 
Sept 24 What (inset well known person) would eat if they were vegan. 
Sept 25 Share your favorite cuisine. 
Sept 26 It’s cold and rainy and there’s a snow drift outside your door! What are you going to make using the ingredients you have? 
Sept 27 Favorite herb or spice? 
Sept 28 Tacos VS Burritos. Where do you stand on this important issue? 
Sept 29 What would you bring on a vegan road trip? 
Sept 30 Autumn equinox eats.





Also, we have new Mofo2015 badges and a banner (painted by yours truly!) for you to post on your blogs and share far and wide across the vast array of social media platforms. Go crazy with it!

Let me know if you're planning to participate so that I can be sure to follow your posts! <3 nbsp="" p="">

13 comments:

  1. I didn't know the badges/banner were painted by you; they're even more awesome now that I know that! :D I'm really excited for this year's MoFo & have already started brainstorming for the daily prompts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! <3 Yes, I'm already brainstorming too. Some of them are kind of hard for me!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am so psyched for Mofo. I have been getting all my US blog posts done and dusted so that then I have a good couple of weeks to advance plan and prepare. I think I will do my blog everyday (so definitely need to have advance planned as I work 12 hour days several days a week), but maybe also some extra Instagram. At least I know if I get overwhelmed and can't blog every now and then at least I can still Instagram and participate that way.

    The new MoFo artwork is beautiful. :)

    Also, I think it is time for you to head back to Seattle. It is the best! Perhaps when I am there sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a big backlog of posts that I am trying to push out before MoFo as well... clear the palette, so to speak! I'm also thinking of Instagram as an emergency back up option... :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, exciting! I love the new banners - it'll be hard to choose which to use, they are so sweet - great job :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LVB! <3 I think I"m going to rotate them, so I can use them all. :)

      Delete
  4. How exciting. I was in two minds on whether to join in this year as I hadn't thought of a theme and I've got a lot on in September but the prompts have decided for me. Such a good idea and I'm looking forward to what everyone else will do with them.

    I love the new artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!! DO IT. MoFo is so fun to participate in. And with the prompts, we're hoping that it will be easier for people to jump back on board if they've fallen behind. :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:54 AM

    These banners are so great! You did it with watercolor pencils or palate? I think I'll be MoFoing, the prompts are a nice guide, hopefully more people will participate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, veganvarg! I did the veggies with watercolor, then I scanned them in and overlaid the fonts in Photoshop. :)

      Delete
  6. I love the badges and banners! I haven't done MoFo in a few years, but I'm definitely in this year. I'm excited about the daily themes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay MoFo! Before you said you painted them, I was thinking how much I liked the badges and banner - they look so classic. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with these new banners! Can't wait to see what everyone's doing for MoFo. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!