Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Vegan With a Vengence Theme Day!

Yum yum yum in my happy little tum!! Today we were a bit indulgent, and had VwaV "Fronch Toast" for lunch. It was very fun. As you can see, it turned out pretty much perfectly. We had a left-over baguette that was a day away from turning into a lethal weapon, so we had to use it up! I ate mine with some of my recently made raspberry & blackberry jam... while Musty ate his with copious amounts of maple syrup.

For dinner I made the "Jerk Seitan" and "Coconut Rice" from VwaV for dinner. I used the seitan that I made a few days ago. This is one of my favorite VwaV meals... it's not actually that much work, and MAN!, it's really good. So nice to taste some flavors that are so uncommon in my standard repotoire. Also had some steamed brocolli with dinner, which we shared with our little kitty Yummers. He loves brocolli, and is very bossy until we give him some.

Oh yeah, and I also got us some tasty "Jamaican Lemonade" drinks to go along with the dinner!

Speaking of indulgence! Here's my little late-night treat. I had a little cuppa decaf, a tofutti cutie (haven't one of these in a while... I forgot how fun and tasty they are!), and a few Mi-Del ginger snaps. Hee hee... fun to have a sugary treat!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Tofutti Cuties. L'il Buddies, too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know!! Such delicious little morsels! I've already had two today... hard to resist the siren song (even with the freezer closed, I can hear it!).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!