Sunday, December 24, 2006

Tempeh Meatloaf


Last night my cousin and her husband came over for dinner... it was really fun. They just moved to Florida, so it was nice to have a chance to visit with them and hear all their news.

I know this picture doesn't look too exciting... I didn't have any green veggies to offer! But it was a nice tasty meal. I made the Tempeh Meatloaf from Real Food Daily. It takes a little while, but it's mostly just baking time, and I really love the flavor. Also I made roasted butternut squash cubes. Then there was more of the mashed potatoes and gravy. Plus, they brought along some really nice dark bread. Yum!

For dessert we had chocolate pudding. :)

Our family has its big celebration tonight, with a nice big dinner and a fire and all that fun stuff. We are having 18 people, and EIGHT of them are having the veggie option!! How rad is that? The numbers are growing! :) Here is what I will be busy making today, as soon as I am done with this blog entry:
2 big dishes of manicotti
2 VwaV cranberry pear tarts
1 pumpkin pie
vegan stuffing
panforte (Italian dessert, for Christmas day)

Yum! Happy Christmas celebrations!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that tempeh loaf has gotten a positive review from you! That plates looks so wholesome and tasty, and I've copied that recipe to make it one day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 PM

    The tempeh meat loaf sounds intriguing. I'm so excited for you and your 8 VEG HEADS!!! Hooray. I think that's just fabulous.

    Wishing you a very merry Christmas Amey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess,
    Yeah, I really liked the meatloaf... I had some for leftovers today and it was just as good today!

    Hi VivV,
    I know, I couldn't believe how neat it was to have so many vegetarians... so neat.

    Love Amey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Wow, you have been so busy! All your food has always looked great, so I am sure your holiday celebrations have been no different. I hope your Christmas was full of joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Amey, I sure hope you're taking pictures of all the food you're making! It sounds awesome. Have a great time.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!