Monday, November 03, 2008

Cookies for Grandmommy

Yesterday was Dia de los Muertos, and Katie over at Don't Eat Off The Sidewalk issued a challenge - to make the favorite food of a beloved one who has died. Of course, I thought of my grandma, who died just about 1 year ago. She's been on my mind a lot lately. My grandma was a VERY healthy eater, but her true love was chocolate. Especially chocolate chip cookies. So this was a no-brainer. I made a nice little batch of Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Vive le Vegan), and the only stipulation was that you had to think about my grandma while you ate them. It was nice. I think I'll do a few more of her favorites this week... as a way of remembering her and thinking about her.

13 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a neat idea! I bet your grandma would be proud...and honestly, she must have been an awesome women if her favorite food was chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the gf version of these cookies yesterday. I had a grandmother who loved chocolate too. I remember asking her once if I would ever outgrow my love for chocolate and she said so sharply and matter-of-factly "NO!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's a perfect tribute! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely, and those cookies look amazing!!

    I have to tell you...your raspberry jam is absolutely to die for!! My boyfriend and I are so addicted, we are fighting over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:50 AM

    I'm sure your grandmother would love those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea. I'm sure that your grandmother appreciates the attention and love you dedicated to her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, your grandmother would love these cookies! as would I! health + chocolate = wonderful legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet way to remember your grandma and celebrate her life and love of chocolate. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to honor your grandma's memory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:38 PM

    I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. Such delicious-looking food and great photos. I recognized that chocolate chip cookie photo the second I saw it - Dreena Burton's recipe is my favorite!

    I love the idea of honoring your grandmother's memory that way, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandmommy is surely a very happy soul right now. They look marvy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!