Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yummers the Cat Eats His Broccoli

Our little kitty Yummers LOVES his veggies. Here's a great picture I took of him and Mr. Vegan Eats and Treats recently. While Mr. VE&T is trying to peacefully enjoy his dinner, Yummers is screaming and yelling for some of the broccoli. This is standard behavior for our little guy. He's quite bossy while we're eating! His top three veggies are broccoli, asparagus, and fresh corn, but he really loves most veggies. Especially the green veggies.

In fact, we just started including some wet kitty food in his diet, but he still eats the pureed sweet potato before the kitty goo. Good boy, Yummers!


So, without further ado, here is a cute video of our little Yummers Potatoes joyfully and bossily eating his broccoli. I love how he runs off with his fresh broccoli stalk at the end, like a tiger on a hunt. Also, please ignore Mr. VE&Ts raving about whatever he was watching on TV. What a goober!

Also, as a little bonus... here is a cute video of our dog Stevie Wonder grunting and groaning and making her weird and cute little snuggle sounds. She is awesome.

Lots of foodie pics coming soon - the memory card is filling up!

16 comments:

  1. That photo of your cat with his mouth open just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to try broccoli. I give my cat sweet potatoes and pumpkin. Did he go for it right away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those videos are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! so cute!

    my last kitty roscoe loved ripping the skin off cooked squash. he also liked gnawing on canteloupe. gertie seems like a carnivore through and through though, except she goes nuts for yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a cat eat broccoli. That is so awesome. Thank you for your very wonderful comment on the PPK thread, btw. That was really sweet and nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!

    We have been trying to get Abbey Cat to eat healthy food of ours, but all she will eat is sorbet. Any time she sees either of us going for the freezer, she knows she'll be getting a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:26 PM

    That's so funny! My cat is annoying during dinner too, but she usually tries to take the food off my plate instead of yelling at me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I love the videos... So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our cat's favorites are asparagus, green beans and corn. She especially loves corn on the cob. And boy is she a pest when we're eating...but she's just so cute we can't resist her charms.

    Stevie Wonder's little noises crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, Yummers is awesome! My boys won't touch veggies. Oh, Stevie! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am absolutely DELIGHTED by Yummers Potato's love for broccoli. Cats are the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the best thing I've see since Nora, the piano-playing cat! I can't wait to convince our cats that broccoli is awesome. They're into anything with Earth Balance, so this shouldn't be too hard. Yummers is a modern-day hero!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute pets! One of my cats LOVES broccoli too as well as lots of other green veggies and some fruit too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, this post just made my DAY! What a couple of cuties! Yummers really took off with that broccoli there! *mine*

    Stevie Wonder makes the cutest snuggle sounds. I want to squeeze her senseless! (I won't) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! My dog is the same way with carrots. When she hears the vegetable peeler she starts jumping up and down on her hind legs. She loooooooooooves carrots...

    Stevie's snuggle noises are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Amey, I can't figure out how to email you! Could you please email me? The address is on my blog.

    I just want to do a face plant in that seitan dish.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!