Monday, February 27, 2012

Quorn=Vegan Burger Magic!

Friends! I'm back with A Week of Product Reviews... some will be products I was sent to consider for review, and others are just products I use and love.

When I was a little girl, we didn't have burgers very often. I didn't really grow up in a meat-and-potaotes family. We did eat meat, but mostly I remember eating (happily) dishes like ratatouille and such. My mom is a great cook and did a great job feeding us dinner every night with veggies and all sorts of interesting dishes. But I do have especially fond memories of burger night. Burger nights were rare, and involved the grill, which involved exotic things like having the back door open and usually meant my dad was helping with dinner too. I'm sure I'm not the only vegan out there who still has a lot of love for burgers, even after I stopped eating meat.

Over the years, I've tried many veggie burgers, and enjoyed many of them too. I even hosted a giant Veggie Burger Tasting event a few years ago for the public. Over all these years, I've heard people mention that Quorn products were really yummy, but they haven't been vegan - until now! Quorn has come out with a new vegan burger patty, and they very kindly sent me some to check out.

Well, Mr. Vegan Eats & Treats and I both give these burgers an enthusiastic thumbs UP! They are chewy and delicious! They are definitely on the "meaty" side, as far as flavor goes, though I would say more "chickeny" than "beefy." TMI? I hope not! Don't worry folks, they're definitely vegan!

You know how some veggie burgers are really "health foody?" Not these! I said to Mr. VE&T, "These taste a little 'junk foody'," and he said "YEAH! In a good way!" :) But actually, the nutritional details are not junk foody at all. 10 g of protein, 4 g of fat, and only 100 calories per burger! We both really enjoyed these burgers, and they will definitely go into our veggie burger rotation.

Three cheers for companies making vegan options!
Three cheers for Vegan Burger Night!


COUPON GIVEAWAY!
Quorn also sent me two coupons for a free box of vegan burger patties. Unfortunately, Snoopy found one and ate it. True Story. However, I do have one left - and I'd like to send it to a lucky winner (please just make sure you can find these in your area, so that the coupon won't go to waste). Just leave a comment to enter!



17 comments:

  1. MEEE! Miles has been scouring Whole Foods for the vegan Quorn burgers since he heard about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burgers can be back on our menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly Snoopy! I am interested in trying these. I've heard some good reviews and some bad reviews. I'd love to give them a whirl! My partner loves a good chicken-y vegan burger, so I'm sure he would be all about these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to try! My local Whole Foods carries the Quorn brand, so I think it's safe to say that I can find them. Thanks for the giveaway!

    Also, on a side note, I made your 2009 fortune cookies recipe (with some tweaks to the method) with amazing success last week. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quorn is everywhere in the UK - but they've not brought the vegan burgers over here. Fingers crossed they remember that Blighty has vegans too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound awesome! I'd love to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sad but i haven't had any packaged veggie burger in a year! Since then, i've only had two homemade burgers, one of them being falafel! I miss them so much, but they're always so expensive. I'd love to try this brand, i've been meaning to for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. teehee. I have a similar story where my cat chewed up an almond milk coupon. Enter me for Quorn burgers! Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Snoopy, you so crazy! Glad to hear the vegan patties are good, I'd love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:48 PM

    I would love to try the vegan burgers!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that snoopy ate the coupon (sorry but it's funny)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Kittee is also Mr. Burger. His favorite food!!!! I'd love to get him a box to try, especially since you give it such high praise.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post, nice non-vegan memory. You don't need to add my name to the coupon pool, but I would like to try this brand. And it was sweet to see JD in the picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the heads up! I always just pass by Quorn because it's not been vegan in the past. I'll definitely try these on my next burger night :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love a coupon that hasn't been nibbled on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would LOVE to try a vegan Quorn burger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, ooh, I wanna try!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!