Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Brunch! (& Coupon Winner)

I even made Mr. VE&T a DST card
showing him doing all the things he likes to do
in the late afternoon when the sun is still out

According to my Facebook page, a lot of people are unhappy about Daylight Savings Time... which came as a surprise to me. Around here, DST is a source of happiness. I think Day One of DST is probably Mr. Vegan Eats & Treats' favorite day of the whole year. He loves that he can play tennis and walk the dogs later in the day before it gets dark. Also, he sleeps in anyway, so what does he care about the mornings being darker? I guess I don't really like waking up at 8 and having it suddenly be 9 already, but at least it's a good excuse to have a little brunch party and celebrate the fact that we can walk the doggies at 6 pm and still get home before dark.

So, at Mr. VE&T's request, I made up a big batch of Fronch Toast (from Vegan with a Vengeance), made some smoothies, and got ready to nom our brains out. But first, I let him set up the photo, and this is what he came up with. He made a special sign with "oui!" written on it, just in case you weren't appreciating the french-ness of our french toast. What a lovable dork.

Also! I picked a winner for the coupon for one free package of vegan Quorn burgers!
Congrats to Carrie (of Vegan For The Win!) - enjoy your yummy burgers!

Bonus Kitty Shot!

5 comments:

  1. I love DST, too, for the exact same reason. I don't care about it being sunny when I drive to work; I want it to be sunny when I drive home from work! We should have DST all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, i adore the kitty shot. that look is pure bliss and one i love to see on a kitty. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great kitty photo! :) Love the card you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kitty is simply so amazing, so freaking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daylight Savings is THE BEST! Who could not like having extra light at the end of the day? I'm psyched that I can run after work again without having to wear reflective stuff. Yummers clearly likes it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!