Monday, December 31, 2012

Cool Beans!


Look at this truly amazing and thoughtful gift that some of my yoga students got me! It's a magical array of Bean-Centric Delights!!

For about 9-10 years now, I've taught a free weekly yoga class for the teachers and staff at the elementary school in our neighborhood. When we first bought our house, I decided I wanted to do something for our local community/neighborhood, and teaching yoga is what I know! Over the years, some teachers have come and gone, but through it all most of the teachers have really stuck with it, and the class is very dear to my heart. Every year at Christmas, I bring them cookies and cookbooklettes, and they bring me a card and some sort of gift.

I was so deeply touched by their gift. It really shows just how well they know me!! Fancy salts, a beautiful handmade bowl (to eat my beans out of!), FIVE kinds of gourmet specialty beans from Rancho Gordo (world's best beans?!!), and a brand new 100% Bean Book!! So cool. "Bean to Bean" isn't all vegan (or even all veg), but it's loaded with beany recipes, and tons of vegan or vegan-modification recipes, and it looks super exciting. I've already got two meals planned from this book for this week alone - I'll keep you posted.

This is me reveling in a downpour of beany wonder!


13 comments:

  1. I recently borrowed that same book and LOVED it! I rarely purchase books but I might just have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so thoughtful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a cool gift, and that's really cool that you teach a free yoga class, my friend who is also my yoga teacher always lets me do her workshops at reduced rates as she knows I can't afford it otherwise, and I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I got Rancho Gordo beans for Christmas too and totally stoked to eat them. I just made the Hillbilly Hummus from that cookbook and will bring it to my NYE party tonight. Totally delicious. :) Can't wait to see what you make with your bean stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I'm jealous of your beany gifts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super lovely: both that you teach a free yoga class for the elem teachers and that they gave you this beautiful delicioso gift. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm i can't wait to see the recipes you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great gift...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool gift,I love beans!
    While speaking of gift, your wonderful cookbooklette arrived today, thank you so much!! I have written a blogpost about it, I hope that is ok. http://ahandfulloffairydust.blogspot.de/2013/01/going-to-yum-town.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one of the coolest beans I know. WHat a nice gift! Nice packaging, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a kind pressie - and what lovely students!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!