Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Product Review: Ezekiel Flax Bread


Recently, the kind folks at Ezekiel sent me two loaves of their new Flax bread to try out, and review. As you may know, I am sort of a carbo freak. I love bread more than just about anything else in the whole world, but I try to monitor my intake so that I am not just eating bread products all day long. I especially love freshly baked bread. Sometimes I make my own, other times I go to the excellent bakery just a few blocks from our house. However, there is also a time and place in this world for sliced sandwich bread this like stuff.

I think my favorite thing about this bread from Ezekiel was its really great nutritional profile. In addition to being full of flaxy goodness, it had just 80 calories and 5 grams of protein for every slice. A couple pieces toasted up in the toaster oven makes for a pretty great breakfast or afternoon snack.


Also, I like that this bread lasted a good couple of weeks in the fridge - unlike bread from the bakery, which looses its luster within pretty much a day or two. Over the weeks, I put my Ezekiel bread to all sorts of good uses: grilled cheese sandwiches with Daiya cheese, as buns for my veggie burgers, toasted with avocado slices and lime juice, toasted with Heidi Ho Chia Cheese sauce... It was awesome to have this bread on hand to throw together a healthy and satisfying meal or snack. I noticed at the store that Ezekiel has loads of other varieties and flavors, so now I'm interested to check them out. 

this is me, surfing on a piece of bread

What's your go-to for sandwich bread? Do you have a favorite variety of Ezekiel bread?


2 comments:

  1. oooh this looks great! my go-to bread is petridge farm oatmeal bread! mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the Food for Life sprouted breads: Genesis, Sesame, 7 Grain, original Ezekiel and Cinnamon Raisin. Try the cinnamon raisin English muffins for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!