Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner


 I started off my day with a super yummy waffle. This is not my typical breakfast, but Mr VE&T and I were seized by a glorious moment of Waffle Possibility, and we went with it. Usually, if I make waffles, I make them from scratch, but I had ordered a box of gluten-free, vegan waffle mix from Vegan Cuts, and I was curious to try it out. I loved this waffle! It was hearty and nutty and flavorful and just the right size. Filling and great. Such a special treat.

Mr. VE&T certainly ate his waffle, but he expressed a clear preference for the naughty all-purpose refined flour waffles I usually make. I saw his point, but I really loved this waffle for what it was.

This is the mix I used. I bought some for my cousin too, and since it comes two boxes per order, I gave one to a GF student of mine. I hope they like their waffles!


After such an indulgent breakfast I wanted to have a super healthy lunch. Steamed broccoli rabe, carrot sticks, and sugar snap peas with a bowl of Food For Lovers Original Queso. I am currently having quite a little love affair with FFL Queso. That stuff is just so delish!! This was actually a really satisfying lunch. The veggies left me pretty full, and the savory queso made it feel more like a meal and less like a snack.


For dinner I made the Tempeh Chimichurri from the PPK Blog, over a bed of steamed asparagus. I loved this dinner! I really like tempeh a lot, though Mr. VE&T is sometimes a bit iffy about it. He was sorta freaked out by the intense flavors of the chimichurri sauce at first - but once he got his head around it, he enjoyed his dinner too. The sauce packs a mighty punch, so it was perfect to pair it with tempeh (which can soak up a lot of flavor) and with asparagus (which isn't too assertive). It was a great dinner.
Not pictured in this line up are the occasional handfuls of chocolate chips and nuts that I nommed on during the day. I just can't stop myself! 



also! don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a free copy of
I'm drawing the winner tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day with all of that to eat. :) So healthy yet satisfying enough to fill up a belly.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make that tempeh chimichurri. It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:25 PM

    your drawings just make my day. and my life. you're a doll.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!