Thursday, February 08, 2007

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!

Last night I got home from teaching and Musty had gone out to one of our local all-veg spots "Dharma's" and brought me home a big yummy bowl of their kitcheree soup. It's one of their most popular soups, and they make a huge batch of it every day. On account of my teaching schedule, we often eat late, and we recently found out that they are very generous with their kitcheree at the end of the day. They even gave him a whole nother take out bowl of it for free. Hoorah! It's very lucky for us, since that just happens to be when we go there anyway!



I also made myself a yummy salad - lettuce, olives, tomato, avocado, hemp seed, flax seed, vinegar... a nice compliment to the soup.



This was today's delicious breakfast! I made oatmeal with dried blueberries from Trader Joes (I really like these ones, they are sweetened with apple juice rather than with sugar). I also added in some walnuts and flax seed meal, & sweetened it with a bit of maple syrup and molasses. YUM!

For lunch I had a whole wheat garlic bagel with a bit of Earth Balance (you know you are turning into a health nut when this feels like a gleefully naughty indulgence!), 2 kiwis, some steamed kale, and half of our free bowl of kitcheree. I can have the other half tomorrow.

What a yummy day. Now we're going to have a movie night... watch a video, eat popcorn, and eat some Hot Tamales. I guess I'm not too much of a health nut yet!

2 comments:

  1. I just love that last lunch- it's right up my alley. I know what you mean, sometimes earth balance seems like a treat! Mmm, and with kale and kiwis. You health nut, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day full of food! Your salad looks wonderful, as does the oatmeal. I've been looking for dried blueberries that didn't contain sugar - thanks for the TJ's tip!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!