Over at the PPK forum there was a message about doing a vegan care package swap and I jumped at the chance! I signed up for an international swapper - which means more expensive shipping, but also more exotic goodies. I definitely made the right choice!
My package arrived yesterday, and I love it! My swap pal did a great job of picking out things for me - lots of cool Canadian products, lots of things I've never tried (or heard of!), and a great balance of sweet and savory (and even a bar of vegan Vanilla Soap!).
Here's a list of what I got:
- local Balsamic Fig-Date Mustard (cool!!)
- dried bean curd sheets (now 50% crumbles... but that's cool... the crumbles are a little less intimidating!)
- Nova Scotia Dulse (never had dulse, but read about it this morning, and I'm intrigued!)
- Chocolate Chip Snackimal Cookies (perfect for tomorrow's road trip)
- Vegan Gravy Mix 9 (how did she know!? I've never tried this brand, but I love packaged gravy mix... so there!)
- Hot & Spicy Primal Strip (another road trip snackie)
- local real fruit licorice (neat o! I love licorice)
- 2 nice looking tea baggies of chai
- local Denman Island "Rosemary, Baby" Chocolate bar (what can I say, I love all chocolates!)
- Matcha Cocoa Camina chocolate bar (see above, can't wait!)
- Manitoba Hemp Hearts
- local Toasted Cashew-Coconut Dressing/Marinade (whaaa?? Doesn't that just sound amazing!?!)
- local organic vegan Cream Sauce (mmmm...)
- and a local vanilla soap
I gotta say, she totally rocked it! I scored. So many fun new flavors and products to enjoy and learn about. I hope she likes her package as much as I like mine!!