Thursday, October 01, 2009

VeganMoFo 1: Eating From the Garden!

Week One of VeganMoFo: Eating From the Garden!


Today's seasonal meal: Hummus plate with fresh veggies. Yummy, super quick, filling, and beautiful. I always feel like I digest better when my food is beautiful.

The purple beans and the tomatoes are from our garden (and everything else is from the farmers' market). I love those beautiful dark purple green beans... aren't they incredible!? Just looking at this picture reminds me that I need to go pick them again, we've had a modest but steady crop from our 3 little bush bean plants. Also, the plants have the most gorgeous purple blossoms, pre-beans.... so they're decorative, and food-making. The best!


I usually use the recipe for "Creamy Hummus" from Vive Le Vegan, but over time I've come to play it by ear. I love how quick and easy and super nutritious hummus is... oh, and delicious too. I eat a lot of hummus, and I never get tired of it.

Both of these big plates o' hummus were created as humungous lunches for yours truly... and I think I managed to put it all away... except there may have been some cucumbers left over from that top plate!

Vegan MoFo:
My plan for VeganMoFo (Vegan Month of Food) is to break the time down into 4 weekly themes... stay tuned for more! To check out all the blogs participating in VeganMoFo this year, click here (over 350 blogs participating this year!!!).

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to all your posts, Amey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful! It's like eating rainbow for lunch!

    Happy MoFoing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eating veggies and hummus for a lunch. It leaves you feeling so refreshed and lively! I need to start making some of my own hummus. But, first I need a new food processor. I guess I will wait until Christmas. Poo. :( Haha

    Lovely plating, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those purple beans look fantastic! I want to try some!

    I made some pine nut cream last night - so far the tastebuds seem A-OK but I still get a little worry everytime I eat them after your adventure. I hope it has all cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple green beans! I don't think I've ever seen those before. Beautiful looking platter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eating a rainbow of fruits and veggies, it always makes me so happy. And hummus IS the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I don't think I could ever get tired of hummus either. It's great that you're getting such beautiful veggies from your garden and your lunches look absolutely delicious... I love how colourful your blog is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A t first I thought those beans were vanilla beans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered what those purple beans were. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!