Friday, May 11, 2012

Product Reviews: Beans + Rice = Delicious Chips!


Have you guys tried these Beanfields chips? They are really cool! They're made of beans and rice... They have about 160 calories per serving (6 servings per bag), 4 gr. of protein, 4 gr. of fiber, and lots of flavor. They come in 5 flavors, but the folks at Beanfields sent me these two to try out: Nacho and Pico de Gallo. The other flavors are Plain, Sea Salt, and Salt and Pepper.

I was never really a nacho chip fan - I'm much more into the classics and basics like plain or salted chips. I liked these nacho chips well enough, but Mr. VE&T totally loved them. Luckily, I was more charmed by the salsa-flavors of the Pico de Gallo chips - so we were able to divide our chip eating responsibilities evenly. I enjoyed mine with a big jar of Follow Your Heart queso - super yum!!

I can't wait to try their other flavors, because I loved the texture and crunch of these chips, I love the nutritional facts (not bad for chips!), and I love the flavor of these chips. But deep down I'm a real traditionalist. Salt and Pepper sounds crazy good to me. So, I'm gonna track some down, make some guacamole, open up a new jar of queso, and go to town. These will definitely be my go-to chip from now on. I really liked them!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. somebody at my house is obsessed with these chips...and her name starts with a G.

    p.s. i like them a lot too! thanks for sharing with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these chips!!! Good work in finding them!!!
    veganamericanprincess.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!