Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Farmers' Market Glory

I love the farmers market so much!

I pretty much plan all my meals around what's in season. Here in Santa Cruz, we are super lucky to have a few year-round markets... though there's just no arguing that summertime is when the market really shines. 

I go to one market on Wednesday afternoon, and a different market on Saturday mornings. Going to the market is one of the highlights of my week. I love chatting with my favorite vendors, seeing friends, seeing all the beautiful bounty, getting the first ears of corn or the last week of asparagus...

 ~ last week's bounty ~ 
tomatoes, red peppers, spinach, mixed baby lettuce, summer squash, spring onions, scallions, Rainer cherries, yellow raspberries, nectarines, corn, asparagus

All organic! All local! All delicious! 

*open to U.S. residents only, sorry!



7 comments:

  1. Wow, you have so much in season! Going to the farmers market twice a week is one of my highlights too, but it still hasn't hit its summer stride as far as produce is concerned. With every week, it's getting more bountiful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Yeah, we have the best farmers markets here in Norcal! Love your farmers mkt posts :)

    I never know what to use spring onions for....

    jen e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always blown away by the markets I see in the Bay area. I could just walk around eating all my meals there. It's amazing to have so much beautiful fresh produce available year round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! Late, wet, Spring has made for a slooooooow start to the season. Still waiting on most everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have never seen a yellow raspberry! they look so cool, i need to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Gorgeous haul from the farmer's market. I love to see that I'm not the only one that eats so many green onions. They go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fantastic selection of goodies!! We went fruit picking and made our own jams and chutneys this weekend. I came across your blog as it's name is quite like mine. I am a vegan cook and blog at http://www.veggieeatsandothertreats.com/ check it out if you fancy :) It's lovely to see so many vegan's on the net writing what they are passionate about :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!