Sunday, December 19, 2010

Foodie Gifts!

They say that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach," but I think it's true for ladies too! Just in the last week we have been given so many amazing foodie gifts and I am feeling such gratitude!

My dear old friends K & C made a *delicious* little loaf of French Country Bread & a jar of Grape Jelly (Mr. Vegan Eats & Treats favorite flavor!)... Also, there was a little loaf of cranberry bread... but that didn't quite make it to the photo shoot. If you know what I mean.

I guess I talk about food all the time when I am teaching yoga, because 3 of my yoga students each brought me some delicious foodie treats. D brought us a homemade loaf of walnut bread that is truly out-of-this-world. Some of my favorite bread ever. It's totally amazing. J made some cranberry relish & K brought me some homemade quince jam!! Quince! I haven't tried the preserves yet, but I can't wait. They look amazing!

Another sweet yoga student gave me these pretty dish towels and a fancy green oven mitt. I've never had an oven mitt before and I love it! I've been using it all week. Plus, I always love pretty new dish towels.... especially featuring two of my all-time favorite foods: cherries & strawberries!

Mr. VE&T has a favorite restaurant where he goes out to eat pretty much every day for lunch. At this restaurant, he has a favorite waitress, who is really cool. Well, she gave us the most incredible gift-basket. It was so amazing and touching. This isn't even all of it. Loads and loads of persimmons (I just put a few in the picture), homemade cookies for Mr VE&T, and two jars of her heavenly apricot jam (my all-time fave jam flavor!), a jar of persimmon jam, a huge jar of canned apricot halves, and a jar of bread & butter pickles! So generous and so amazing.

So you can see that we have been quite blessed with such abundance! Thank you everyone!

To keep the wheels of generosity turning, I picked out the 25 winners for my cookbooklette giveaway:
PotterBee, Aimee, Kelsey, dreaminitvegan, FriedHippee, foodfeud, Kristi, Eve, Radioactivegan, Becky, Alana, Laura, Jill, Ricki, GiGi, Chantal, Molly G., Jill T, Jacklyn, Tami, T, Mo, Caiti, Terri & Shannon O.
Congratulations everyone!

I've sent all of you an email or blog comment asking for your mailing address... let me know if you didn't get my communique!
--
Also, there probably won't be a ton action on my blog for a little while, as I am one week away from a 6-week trip to India to study yoga. Mr VE&T will stay home with the furry friends, and I'll be off sweating and studying. I'll try to post an occasional missive from overseas... but it won't be too frequent! If history is any indicator, I will return home with a passion for fresh salad, home cookin', and baked treats! In the meantime, I am running around like a ninny trying to get myself ready to leave!

14 comments:

  1. Caiti6:51 PM

    Ahh! Amazing! Thank you, Amy!
    I didn't get an email though...
    Just in case I left the wrong one:

    theslipback57 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm excited for your trip to India!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:48 AM

    eee! I'm so excited! but I didn't see an email, funny as I spent the morning at work cleaning out my inbox and spam...so incase I missed it would you please resend?
    potterbee at sbcglobal dot net
    ciofani at umich dot edu

    (gave you both emails...sometimes the potterbee one is finicky.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've never owned an oven mitt?!?!? I would have gotten you one long ago if I knew that :)

    Have the best time in India!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous collection of food gifts. I've never had an oven mitt, either ... maybe I should get one.

    Safe (and healthy!) travels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amey! canning tongs but no oven mitt? well, you do live on the edge...

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never win anything! This is so exciting! I will be emailing you ASAP, Amey!! Thanks for doing the giveaway! I looooove your cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful time in India! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for the booklet! :D

    Hope you have a wonderful time in India, Amey. Stretch those muscles (physical and mental) and do lots of mediating! ;)

    Have a great holiday--

    Ricki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chantal6:23 PM

    I so never win anything that I half expect there was another Chantal who commented and got the email... because I did not... get the email...

    Just in case: quiesincoelis@mail.com

    I will miss your postings while you are in India. Do enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Amey! I sent you an e-mail with my address hopefully you received it. Have a wonderful and safe trip to India.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the cookbooklette! I got it in the mail on Friday and immediately made the Harira (Moroccan Soup), which was a big hit! I think I'm going to make a cookbooklette for my friends next Christmas, thanks for the inspiration!

    www.terriquitecontrary.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Amey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!