Friday, June 07, 2013

Ramen Stir Fry!



 OMG.

I was flipping through 30-Minute Vegan: Taste of the East, when a recipe for Ramen Stir Fry practically jumped off the page and hit me in the face. If there is a recipe for Ramen Stir Fry, I am going to make it.

Well, guess what? It RULED THE WORLD. We both pretty much freaked for this meal. Supposedly it served 4-6, but - uh - it served 2. I used the suggestion to use tofu instead of seitan, so I dry-fried the tofu cubes while I was prepping the veggies. Basically, you use the ramen noodles without the spice packets, then you add them to your stir fried veggies (onion, daikon, carrots, shiitakes, sugar snaps...).  The recipe is quick and easy and super yums. I pretty much cannot wait to make it again.
All night long we were saying "What a great dinner." "That was awesome." Mr. VE&T pointed out that all the textures in this dish were really fun and perfect - crunchy peas, chewy tofus, noodley noodles, saucy sauce. Mmm. Make it.


While we're on the subject of that book - here's another recent dinner I made from it. Korean BBQ Tofu, Spicy Asparagus, and Korean Potatoes. It was a really great meal, and a good combo, but those Korean Potatoes pretty much stole the show. What an excellent recipe! Spicy, sweet, cooked with onions and shiitake mushrooms, they were just dynamite. We both saved our potatoes for last, since it was our favorite part of the meal! 

Hey! Don't forget to enter my contest to win a copy of Allyson Kramer's new book:
Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats from Around The World!
I'll pick a winner this weekend

18 comments:

  1. More great looking dishes. You're definitely selling those potatoes well, I always save the best until the last on my plate too!
    I hadn't had Korean until last week when I made japchae which was pretty yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really haven't had much Korean food either - but I'm eager to learn more about it!

      Delete
  2. wow that really does look fabulous! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when sauce is saucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stir fry.. YUMMMM http://www.psocial.in/category/food-and-recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love ramen .. this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it really blew my mind. taking something good to The Next Level!

      Delete
  6. Whoa whoa whoa. This post sent me running to my cookbook shelf, and yes! we have that book! But why is it so clean and unused? Got to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea! Yeah, I have made quite a few delicious dinners from this book!! I am quite fond of it!

      Delete
  7. Haven't got this cook book but looking at those two meals it's now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I really like this book, Jasmine! there are so many flavors and ideas to explore in it!

      Delete
  8. I don't have that cookbook yet, but I'm going to see if they have it at my library. The ramen sounds so good! When I was in elementary school and junior high, ramen was one of the few things I could cook. I way overdid it in eating it and couldn't choke down ramen for years after that. I'd say I haven't had it in over 20 years! But after seeing your picture, I've got a hankering for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I also went through a major Ramen phase, I think it was in high school. I hardly ever eat it anymore, but it is my #1 go-to comfort food when I have a cold. It's the best part about having a cold, in fact! :)

      Delete
  9. i LOVE taking ramen and turning it from a poor college food into an amazing grown-up meal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a ramen recipe like that! It sounds excellent, same with the korean potatoes. Such awesome starchy food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, belatedly, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they really make my day! Thanks for reading my blog! I'm sorry I had to turn on word verification and comment moderation - I was getting so many spam comments!